The Business Case for Sustainable Hotels provides a thorough analysis of the business benefits for building sustainable hotels and offers tangible recommendations tailored for each participant in the hotel property value chain – investors, owners and developers, operators, and franchisees.
The report explores how sustainable hotels can:
- boost profit margins through utility savings
- increase revenue through satisfying consumer preference
- future-proof investment strategies
- safeguard against regulatory risk and benefit from incentives
- increase value and validation through certification
- ensure long-term energy supply
All stakeholders in the hotel property value chain can use this business case to support conversations with their business partners, and create a more joined up approach to building, refurbishing and operating sustainable hotels and make sustainability integral to all development decisions.
This report was created in collaboration with IFC – a sister organisation of the World Bank and member of the World Bank Group. IFC have provided insight based on their extensive experience in resourcing sustainable building projects and developing their free EDGE software to support the design of resource-efficient buildings.